STARK COUNTY HUNGER TASK FORCE
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
WANTED: Executive Administrative Assistant
Are you a value-oriented individual looking for the chance to contribute your talents to a meaningful and rewarding mission? Do you want to be part of a team actively making a difference in our community? Are you are passionate about fighting local hunger?
Then you are in the right place! The Stark County Hunger Task Force is in need of an enthusiastic and dedicated professional to join our dynamic hunger fighting team. We are looking for someone who could be available to start immediately, with a 1-2 week period of paid training under our current executive administrative assistant.
The executive administrative assistant provides essential support to the executive team and board of directors through a variety of administrative, mission services, fundraising and community outreach functions. The executive administrative assistant is expected to balance diverse tasks and projects from high-level administrative support and client services assistance to direct interactions with our donors, community partners and volunteers. Working in collaboration with the assistant director and executive director, he or she will contribute regularly to the development and achievement of the SCHTF’s goals as we work to alleviate hunger in Stark County. This is a non-exempt, full-time position at 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday, and may also include occasional evening and/or weekend hours as needed for fundraising and outreach.
Responsibilities and Functions
- Collaborates with executive team to develop, plan and execute projects on an accelerated timeline.
- Serves as the front line of organization by answering questions and requests from clients, donors, community partners, volunteers and the general public.
- Writes and proofreads informative copy, solicitations, donor letters and other marketing collateral.
- Supports new business processes and oversees a constituent relationship management (CRM) system.
- Utilizing the CRM, maintains a diverse constituent database by preparing, entering, managing, organizing, analyzing and editing data.
- Prepares invoices, reports, memos, letters, and other documents for internal and external use.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of fundraising and outreach events.
- Maintains office and pantry supply inventory.
- Prepares arrangements for meetings and events.
- Manages and maintains organization website through WordPress Dashboard.
- Assists with volunteer management, training, and recruitment efforts.
- Maintains accurate records relating to program data, donations, food pantries and mailing lists.
- Coordinates three of SCHTF’s Backpack for Kidsprogram sites.
- Provides back-up assistance in pantry; must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Acts as a representative for the SCHTF with area schools, churches, civic groups, local college campuses and businesses as needed.
- Assists with grant writing and submission.
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma required
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree are desired.
- Two years of previous administrative and/or program support experience, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Strong skills in problem-solving, organization, communication (written and verbal), project management and customer service.
- Excellent internet and computer literacy. Must be able to pass a skills assessment. Knowledge of website maintenance and CRM (E-tapestry, Raiser’s Edge) databases is preferred.
- Experience with program coordination, fundraising, event planning, database management and/or community outreach is also desirable.
For consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to Ralph Norton, interim executive director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Stark County Hunger Task Force, PO Box 20941, Canton, Ohio, 44701 by 5 p.m. by March 10. We will begin accepting applications immediately and until the position is filled.
If you wish to mail a hard copy of your resume and cover letter instead, please do so with enough time that it will reach us by the application deadline.
Stark County Hunger Task Force
PO Box 20941
Canton, OH 44701