3218 Parkway St NW
Canton, OH 44708
The Canton arts community continues its collaboration with the Stark County Hunger Task Force to fight local hunger by preparing to stage the fifth annual Palette2Palate charity art event. Many talented local artists have graciously donated their work to be exhibited and offered for purchase in both live and silent auctions to raise money for a worthy cause — alleviating hunger in Stark County.
Proceeds from Palette2Palate benefit the over 29,000 hungry men, women, and children served each month by the Stark County Hunger Task Force. The purchase of original art at the event directly helps those in Stark County who are in need.
The donated works of art will be on exhibit for an hour prior to being auctioned off to the highest bidder. During this time, there will also be a silent auction featuring a variety of items donated by generous local and national businesses, area cultural institutions, and more. Along with local art to peruse, attendees will be entertained with music provided by Dave Marchione, and will enjoy heavy appetizers by Mr. Mike’s Catering and amazing desserts courtesy of Kat’s Bake Shoppe. Attendees will then transition into the live auction of donated artwork, which is sure to be memorable, thanks to auctioneer Kris Ross of Dimmerling Realty and Auctioneers with the assistance of our emcee Jay Spencer.
This fantastic art exhibition and charity art auction for hunger will be held in the spacious Meyers Lake Ballroom on Saturday, November 4th. Doors will open at 7PM. Each ticket holder will receive two tickets for complimentary glass of wine or beer when they check in at the event. Pre-sale tickets are available now through October 29th at the discounted price of $50.00. After this date, the price will increase to $55.00.
Our notable donor artists include:
- Photographers: Michael Barath, Mark Pitocco, Mandy Altimus-Stahl,
- Painters: Jorge Cervantez, Nancy Young Darrah, Christian Harwell, Pam LaRocco, Ted Lawson, Joe Martino, Bob Maurer, Jack McWhorter, Doreen St. John,
- Mixed Media: Clare Murray Adams, Russ Hench
- Potters: Liz Enyon, Laura Kolinski-Schultz, Jack Rogers, Bill Shearrow, Molly Shearrow, Jack Valentine
- Letterpress: Letterpress Jess (Jess and Doug Bennett)
- Glass: Mindy Sand
- Textiles: Donna Ischo
- Jewelry: Terri Barnes, Edy Seaman, Paula Mastroianni, Judi Longacre, JLC Designs by Jennifer Lutton & Laura Cohn
The Stark County Hunger Task Force is very grateful for the support of these talented members of Canton’s arts community! The SCHTF is also appreciative of the local businesses that have supported Palette2Palate by donating items for the silent auction.
This wonderful event is made possible with the support of our sponsors. Thank you to:
- The Canton Repository
- Mercy Medical Center
- Anheuser-Busch Sales of Canton
- Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths & Dougherty Co. LPA
- Robert Fay, CPA
- Frankland Financial Management
- Terry Regula
- Pinnacle Press
- Huntington Insurance
- Laura Esposito Photography, LLC
- Kat’s Bake Shoppe
- Cyrus Custom Framing
Questions about Palette2Palate can be directed to event chairman Mary Anne Schwartz at MASchwartz01@gmail.com.