In recognition of National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness month, every November, The Stark County Hunger Task Force observes “Hunger Awareness Month,” or HAM for short. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, Hunger Awareness Month is a time set aside to focus on gratitude, generosity, and education.
Food Drives, Fundraising, & Awareness Building
We are speaking out on hunger, and so can you!
Whether you’re just an individual looking to make a difference or part of a larger group, Hunger Awareness Month is the perfect time to host a food drive!
Contact us to set up a food drive in the month of November & we’ll make sure your donations stock pantry shelves. Anyone can get involved, and it’s easier than you think to mobilize your coworkers, team-members, youth group, church, or just family and friends. You can set up a collection box at your church, in your workplace, or even in your cubicle; go door to door in your neighborhood; choose an event like a group meeting, Sunday football get-together, weekly outing, or celebratory occasion. Call 330-455-6667 or email Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
If you’re not the organizing type, that’s perfectly fine — there are many ways for you to donate non-perishables and dollars this month…no organizing required!
- GO ORANGE with us on Wednesday, November 16th!
- All Stark County schools are invited to participate in the Hunger Canvention, a county-wide food drive, and take the opportunity to provide their students with a valuable learning experience. If your child’s school isn’t participating, tell them why they should be.
- 11/16: At their annual Thanksgathering stir event, The Canton Chamber of Commerce will ask their attendees to give back and donate non-perishable food items.
- 11/19: Kent State University at Stark is hosting a Turkey Trot and kids 1/4 fun run! Bring your non perishable food items to donate! Visit ohioraceday.com for more information and to sign up!
- 11/29: #GivingTuesday at BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse, located on the Strip in North Canton. Join us for #GivingTuesday, print off THIS FLYER and give it to your server for dine in or carry out orders. 20% of all food and soft drink sales will be donated to SCHTF!