Feed your artistic palette, conscience, and your belly
The Canton arts community continues its collaboration with the Stark County Hunger Task Force to fight local hunger as we prepare to stage the fourth annual Palette2Palate charity art event on Saturday, November 5th. Many talented local artists featured have graciously donated their work to be displayed and offered for purchase in both live and silent auctions to raise money for a worthy cause — alleviating hunger in Stark County.
Proceeds from Palette2Palate benefit the nearly 28,000 hungry men, women, and children served each month by the Stark County Hunger Task Force. The purchase of original art at the event directly helps those in Stark County who are in need.
The donated works of art will be on exhibit for an hour and a half prior to being auctioned off to the highest bidder. During this time, there will also be a large, silent auction featuring a variety of items donated by generous local businesses, area cultural institutions, and more. Along with local art to peruse, attendees will be entertained with music provided by “Joy-us Moments,” heavy appetizers by Bill and Mary’s Creative Catering, and amazing desserts courtesy of Kat’s Bake Shoppe. We will then transition into the live auction of donated artwork, which is sure to be memorable thanks to auctioneer Kris Ross and the assistance of our emcee Jay Spencer.
This fantastic art exhibition and charity art auction for hunger will be held at the beautiful Joseph A. Saxton Gallery of Photography on Saturday, November 5th. Doors will open at 7PM. Each ticket holder will receive two tickets for complimentary beverages when they check in at the event. Pre-sale tickets are available now through October 29th at the discounted price of $50.00 but after October 29th, the price will increase to $55.00.
Our notable donor artists include:
- Local Photographers: Joe Albert, Michael Barath, Tim Belden, John Erme, Mark Pitocco, Mandy Altimus-Pond, Susie Shearer and Shawn Wood
- Painters: Tim Carmany, Joseph Close, Nancy Young Darrah, Christian Harwell, Pam LaRocco, Ted Lawson, Judi Longacre, Bob Maurer, Kevin Maxwell, Jack McWhorter, David McDowell, Doreen St. John and Lynn Weinstein
- Mixed Media Artists: Clare Murry Adams, Jorge Cerventez, Russ Hench, Pam Neff, Gail Wetherell-Sack and Michael Weiss
- Potters: Paulette Bartenstein, Liz Enyon, Laura Kolinski-Schultz, Bill Shearrow and Jack Valentine
- Letterpress: Jess Bennett
- Glass: Mindy Sand
- Textiles: Donna Ischo
A sample of some of our silent auction items:
- 4 one day park hopper passes to Disney World
- Two club seats to a Cleveland Monsters regular season home game
- Men’s watch from Julz by Alan Rodriguez
- 2 complimentary admissions to the Pro Football HOF
- $100 gift certificate from Levin Furniture
- Balcony party for 25 from the Palace Theatre
- 4 tickets to a 2016-2017 concert from the Canton Symphony Orchestra
- And many more!
We are happy to accept additional donations for our silent auction!
The SCHTF is incredibly grateful for the support of these talented members of Canton’s arts community as well as the local businesses that have supported Palette2Palate by donating items for the silent auction. We would like to especially thank Mr. Tim Belden for hosting us for the third year in a row.
This wonderful event is made possible with the support of our sponsors. Thank you to:
- Mercy Medical Center
- Anheuser-Busch Sales of Canton
- David Stewart
- Krugliak, Wilkins, Giffiths & Daugherty Co., LPA
- Robert Fay, CPA
- Canton Chair Rental
- Pinnacle Press
- A Studio Photography
- Kat’s Bake Shoppe
- Cyrus Custom Framing
- Cathy Cowgill Remarkable Flowers
Questions about Palette2Palate can be directed to event chairman Mary Anne Schwartz at MASchwartz01@gmail.com.
Need some inspiration? Check out our gallery from past Palette2Palate events!