Our 8th Annual Palette 2 Palate Charity Art Auction is back in person this year! We are slated to fight hunger through this unique fundraiser on October 8, 2022 at the Cultural Center for the Arts. We are looking for committee members to help us make this year’s event the best ever! Below you will find descriptions of some key roles we need filled on the committee. If you are interested in joining this committee contact Executive Director, Stephanie Sweany, at email@example.com.
Event Description: The Canton arts community continues its collaboration with the Stark County Hunger Task Force to fight local hunger by preparing to stage the eighth annual Palette 2 Palate charity art event. Many talented local artists have graciously donated their work to be exhibited and offered for purchase to raise money for a worthy cause — alleviating hunger in Stark County.
Donated works of art, gift certificates, experiences, baskets, and more will be available through an online bidding platform, and a live auction which will help the Stark County Hunger Task Force feed over 34,000 residents week and over 1,300 children each week through its hunger fighting initiatives.
Event Details: October 8, 2022 Cultural Center for the Arts
- Artist relations (1-2 members)
- Recruit local artists to participate by donating their art to our event. Proceeds raised from the auction support our hunger fighting efforts.
- Assure artists know expectations and benefits of participating in the event
- Be the point of contact for artists for questions
- Follow up with artists on a regular basis to assure their art is dropped off by the deadline.
- Track artists in Google Docs
- Send artist information to SCHTF staff for marketing and social media.
- Sponsorships (2-3 members)
- Recruit sponsors from our sponsorship list at various levels to assure we meet our fundraising goal
- Help build our sponsorship list by using personal contacts to secure additional sponsorships.
- Send SCHTF staff sponsor info to assure all sponsorship promises are met.
- Track sponsorships in Google Docs
- In Kind Items (1-2 members)
- Work with SCHTF staff to secure silent auction items
- Fill out online forms to secure donations
- Solicit local businesses for in kind donations
- Solicit in kind food donations
- Track donations in Google Docs
- Event Aesthetics (1-2 members)
- Design table centerpieces
- Create event “atmosphere” (décor, music)
- Secure entertainment
- Event Experience (1-2 members)
- Create “outside the box” art experiences such as live art demonstrations, “kids” art, etc.